The explosion of a car bomb has killed at least 37 people Sunday at a busy crossroads in the centre of Ankara, the Turkish capital, and 125 injured, related authorities, less than a month after a similar attack which killed 29 people a few streets away.
The explosion, heard several kilometres to the round, threw a rain of debris burning on an area a few hundred meters of the ministries of Justice and the Interior, a court and the former offices of the Prime Minister.
"These attacks, which threaten the integrity of our country and unity and the solidarity of our nation, do not weaken our determination to fight against terrorism but reinforce our determination", said in a statement the Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
The attack has not been claimed but two leaders of the security services said that the first elements of the investigation suggested the involvement of the terrorist group of PKK, the Kurdistan Workers Party.
"Important discoveries have been made", said the Minister of the Interior, Ebenezer fell, without further details, following a meeting with the Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu, the Chief of intelligence and security services officials.
"Tonight, civilians waiting at a bus stop have been subject to a terrorist attack using a car bomb", added the Minister of the Interior.
The attack comes two days after a warning issued by the US Embassy in Ankara against a risk of attack against public buildings in the District of Bahçelievler, located a few kilometres from the scene of the explosion.
According to a police source, the attack seems to have been perpetrated by two people, a man and a woman, the head of the latter was found some 300 meters from the site of the explosion.
One of the security officials interviewed by Reuters said that the car used in the attack was a BMW from Viransehir, a city in southeastern Turkey to Kurdish majority, and the TAK (Kurdistan freedom Falcons), a group affiliated with the PKK according to the authorities, was at the forefront of the suspects.
The previous attack in the car bomb, February 17 in a district where the headquarters of the army, Parliament and several other institutions buildings, had been claimed by the TAK, who presents himself as a dissident organisation PKK.
The explosives used Sunday night were of the same type as those used on 17 February and the nails and beads have been added to cause the maximum damage, the police source added.
The pro-Kurdish party HDP, third training represented in Parliament, that Chairman Erdogan accused of working secretly for the PKK, condemned a "wild attack".
Footage shot at the scene showed smoldering debris before what appears to be the entrance to an underpass.
The explosion occurred at a busy intersection and rush hour (6:43 pm, either 16 h 43 GMT).
The explosion hit a bus carrying about 20 people near the Guven Park and square Kizilay.
The justice ordered to close access to Facebook and Twitter after images of the explosion were shared on those social networks.
The attack was condemned unanimously abroad. The french Minister of Foreign Affairs Jean-Marc Ayrault denounced "barbaric terrorist attack", Russian president Vladimir Poutine an "inhuman" attack.
"All NATO allies are in solidarity with the Turkey, resolved in their determination to combat all forms of terrorism," said the Secretary general of the NATO Jens Stoltenberg.