Fethullah Gulen, who is accused of being behind the attempted coup of State appealed for the establishment of a commission of international and impartial inquiry into the allegations of the Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdoğan that proponents of the Hizmet movement would be involved. He said be ready to bear the consequences if he or his supporters have a report with the coup in Turkey.
Gülen condemned the coup d ' état attempt the same day and said in a personal statement that "as a person having suffered repeatedly because of coups d ' état during the past five decades, I find it particularly offensive to be accused of having a link any with such an attempt." I categorically denies these accusations.
What could be said about the latest incident. If there is really such a claim relating to people I know. Supposedly I conducts and Orchestra allegedly, that an international organization investigating this case. To find out whether or not, such a thing exists, it decides accordingly. I will accept, the findings of the investigation, even if it is misleading if there is the money paid. And the document should be signed and filled with slander. I wish that an international organization to do so. "
Moreover, institutions affiliated to the Hizmet in Europe movement and people suffer for days threats, messages of hatred and attacks. Centre Hizmet is deeply concerned that irresponsible messages and accusations unfounded against Hizmet polarizes more population and fanning hatred in Europe. This can lead to a situation of extreme discomfort.
Who is Fethullah Gulen
- Fethullah Gülen is a thought leader and a man of Turkish religion who lived in Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania since 1999.
- Gülen advocates an inclusive and peaceful Islamic understanding.
- Its inciting inter-religious dialogue and selflessness has inspired the Hizmet movement, a transnational social initiative active in education, interreligious dialogue and humanitarian assistance activities.
- Gülen and sympathizers of the Hizmet are known for their commitment to peace, democracy and non-violence, and for their willingness to keep religion away from any political ideology.
- He was chosen "Intellectual of the year" in the world by Foreign Policy magazine in May 2008, and it happens top TIME100 of the most influential people in the world in 2013.
- He received the "Prix Manhae peace prize in 2013" and "Gandhi-King-Ikeda for peace" award in 2015.
- He also received the peace prize in 2011 of the East West Institute based in New York.
- In 1994, Mr. Gülen stated that "both in Turkey and in the rest of the world, now, back is more possible in democracy".
- F. Gülen: "as in the whole world, the people of Turkey is moving toward democracy. Until today, some lived only with one-tenth of my democracy, and they have lived until today only with this tenth. I believe that, now, both in Turkey and in the rest of the world, back is no longer possible in democracy. »
- The declaration of Gülen is well known: "a true Muslim cannot be a terrorist and a terrorist from may not be a true Muslim" he had written in the Washington Post after the attacks of September 11.
DOWNTOWN HIZMET (FRANCE)